Thursday, March 01, 2007

Exocomps

I've been working on getting my passport for the past couple of days. I'm in a bit of a tight spot and I wanted to contact Passport Canada directly to see what the best course of action is to get my passport on time. I called the only phone number I could find, and was met with nothing but a recorded voice message offering me menu options, none of which included talking to an operator. Picking some of these menu options only lead to more recorded voice messages, and still no option to talk to an operator. The important thing to get from all this is that, well, you can listen to recorded messages all you want, but it appears that you can't actually talk to anyone. So imagine my surprise when I called after hours and receive a different voice message telling me that their offices are now closed! Did the machine that dispenses recorded messages go home for the night?

No comments: