Sunday, March 11, 2007

Hamster, Squirrel, or other Rodent?

Daylight savings time starts today in the U.S. and most of Canada.

I use my cell phone as an alarm clock and I had trusted that its clock phone would adjust automatically, as it had when daylight savings time ended last year, and as it had done with my previous cell phone. Also, in time and date settings of the phone I had selected "adjust automatically".

However, it didn't adjust, and I woke up an hour late.

"Maybe Telus didn't know," a friend protested.
"It's a pretty big company," I replied, "They should know."
"I just found out about it last week. Maybe they did too."
"Then Telus is a hamster."
"Huh?"
"Well, you know, Telus is a big company, and I know that big companies suck and all, but the only way that a company that big could be that dumb is if it's actually not a company but a rodent of some kind, like a hamster."
We then got into a debate about what kind of rodent Telus is.

The last candidate before the conversation ended was the capybara, though we never decided for sure that Telus is a capybara.

Whatever kind of rodent it is, however, it knew. It just didn't do anything about it.

1 comment:

e.go said...

perhaps it's the three week ahead of schedule thing...? :)